All sellers and products on noon are subject to having their products and service reviewed by our customers.
Why are reviews important?
When shopping online, customers cannot physically touch and interact with products prior to purchase. Because of this, many customers rely on reviews to help inform their purchasing decision before committing to buying a product.
Quite simply, reviews increase customer trust. Before committing to a purchase, a customer can see that previous customers have enjoyed the product.
Customers are more likely to purchase from a website that has customer reviews. By displaying reviews on noon, we offer customers a more authentic and genuine experience, with purchasing guidance from other customers. This increases customer confidence in purchasing decisions and reduces doubts - leading to an increased conversion rate.
What kind of reviews can customers submit to noon?
A customer can submit two types of reviews to noon regarding their shopping experience - a purchase review and a product review.
A purchase review relates to the customer’s experience with the seller and will not be publicly available. Currently, only the seller will see these reviews.
A product review relates to the product purchased. These reviews will be publicly available and visible to both customers and sellers.
How do we decide which reviews are published?
noon will publish customer reviews that are genuine and authentic. Whether the review is positive or negative, if it is deemed appropriate, the review will be published.
What kind of reviews do NOT get approved?
There are guidelines to follow when submitting noon reviews about seller experiences or products. noon will not publish reviews if they include any of the following:
- Any language other than Arabic or English
- Personal details about the customer, including phone number, address, order number, username, etc
- Offensive or abusive language; racist or threatening speech
- Reviews relating directly to noon (e.g., noon packaging, warranties, refunds, etc.)
- Reviews offering fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions
- Anything relating to current or former employee experience
- Advertising including URLs/web links
- Links to other products on noon
- Reviews about competitor websites/apps or personal businesses
- Review with questions or requests (e.g., “how can I return my product?”)
Are there any additional restrictions for purchase reviews?
Yes. Regarding purchase reviews, noon will publish positive and negative reviews that are relevant to the purchase and not only the product.
Again, purchase reviews are only visible to the seller. Customers will not see these reviews.
Are there any additional restrictions for product reviews?
Yes. noon will publish positive and negative reviews relevant to the product purchased as long as they do not contain inappropriate language. noon will not publish any product reviews which include topics relating to the seller’s service and experience. Such issues would need to be submitted as purchase reviews. These include:
- Wrong item delivered (because we can only accept a product review of the correct item)
- Late delivery complaints
- Faulty items complaints
- Fake item complaints
- Expired item issues
- Missing item complaints (Our team will need to investigate this as a service issue rather than as a product review, simply reach out to them through our communication channels)
Remember, once product reviews are approved, they will be published on noon and will be visible to everyone. Customers wishing to review something anonymously can opt to keep their profile hidden.
How will reviews be used?
All purchase and product reviews will be collated and used to rate sellers and products on noon. All reviews will be available to view (by either the seller or customer, or both), but the most recent reviews will have the strongest influence on a seller’s rating. This provides a fair and transparent rating for the customer.
Customers can view any reviews yet to be submitted on their noon account here.
Important! If a seller review is rejected for a guideline violation, but its feedback is relevant to the experience provided by the seller, noon will still count the rating towards the seller’s rating. The comment that has violated the guidelines will not be shared publicly, however.